Parties & Weddings
The wedding of your dreams. This is the most important day of your lives. We have a very long experience arranging successful wedding parties, so you can feel confident you are in the best of hands. Our cannoneers will be happy to fire real 17th century gun salutes when your guests have gathered in front of the castle for a welcoming drink.
At Sundbyholm Castle we have several locales with various seating capacities at your disposal:
• The grandiose Knights’ Hall on the upper floor of the castle accommodates 70 to 280 guests, including a well-sized podium for e.g. a live band. The Knights’ Hall is also perfect for dancing after the dinner.
• The Cellar Vaults of the Castle provides for a more unostentious yet cozy atmosphere, and holds 40 to 80 guests.
• The Drawing Room is situated on the entrance floor of the castle. It accommodates 20 to 36 guests.
• The Corner Chamber is adjacent to the Drawing Room on the entrance floor. The Corner Chamber holds 10 to 12 guests.
• The Main Dining Hall, also on the entrance floor of the castle, has a seating capacity of 70 to 100 guests.
For the marriage ceremony, there are several astonishingly beautiful churches close to the Castle, as well as the Castle Chapel inside the Castle itself. The Castle Chapel, however, holds a maximum of only 30 guests. The churches Vallby and Sundby both have more capacities, and Jäder has the size of a cathedral as it once was Axel Oxenstierna's (the Chancellor of Sweden) family church.
We offer accommodation with excellent service for your wedding guests. In addition, there are several luxurious wedding suites to choose among for the bridal couple.
We also offer special wedding packages that include canapés, a three-course wedding dinner and our own castle-made wedding cake. Our chef will be happy to join in and discuss his creations during our preparation meetings. Our special wedding packages are offered in the Knights’ Hall of the Castle, where you will have the complete floor to yourselves free of other guests. Prices vary depending on season and day. Normally, we offer discounts in November as well as from January thru April. Also, we typically offer discounts on Fridays if the majority of the guests stay over night.
We can also customize your wedding party exactly to your wishes. The couple Marie Göransson-Brydolf and Arne Göransson e.g. had the guests dressed up in our own 18th century rococo dresses - a guaranteed success as well as a fond memory for life. See the pictures below.
Please contact us to discuss your wedding plans. Our wedding coordinator / restaurant manager can be reached at +46 16 428400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill out the online enquiry for parties and weddings, and we will revert to you within short.
Welcome to an introductory meeting at Sundbyholm Castle!
Bilder från Arne Göranssons och Marie Brydolf-Göranssons bröllop 7 augusti 2010. Fotograf Jenny Ericson.